Monday, April 8, 2013

Things That Make Me SO HAPPY

My sister Shannon, who knows quite a bit about me and has stood by my side through the last two-plus tumultuous months (as well as the years before it), sends me articles that she feels are relevant to my life and/or good mood-boosters.
The one last night was entitled "25 Things That Make Me Want to Pee Myself with Happiness" and, I have to say, it was highly effective in reminding me to put things in perspective and not dwell on shit that I can't fix or in any other way change. In fact, it made me want to make my own list, based on the first things that popped into my mind. I'm not going to urge you to do the same, because I'm not your micro-manager and you have to get there yourself anyway, but here are mine. I'm not setting a number, because I'm not even sure what they are yet, but my one disclaimer is that things like "my family" and "my health" won't be on the list, though I am very grateful to have both. So, without further adieu, because there has been plenty already:

1. Really delicious food that's so delicious I do my little happy food dance when I'm eating, even if I'm alone.
2. The first Cadbury egg of the season.
3. All of the Cadbury eggs after that.
4. MUSIC. Specifically mine (really into Ghosts on the Boardwalk by Dave Hause right now; also, guiltily, Thrift Shop by Macklemore).
5. Walking around the land outside my house pretending to be a farmer (not actually farming. Aside from putting up the chickens and gathering their eggs, I mean. Whatever).
6. My car continuing to get me to all the places I need to go, because that's a pretty demanding job.
7. Being in the writing zone.
8. Staying up late and knowing I don't have to wake up early in the morning.
9. My couple of really great friends, because I generally don't let people in so these people had something special.
10. Alien Blue, particularly AskReddit.
11. Other people at work besides me being able to do the deposit.
12. The air in springtime. It just smells cleaner.
13. Being outside in the sun, picking up branches or sweeping off steps or just anything.
14. New Girl/Cougar Town/HIMYM
15. BASEBALL SEASON and the fact that at least one game's tickets are already purchased.
16. My trip this weekend to California!
17. Finding this amazing Sparkling Ice water to try to curb my diet pop addiction.
18. This pair of yoga pants I'm wearing right now that I actually do yoga in.
19. Freakin' funny pictures randomly sent to me by my meme-genius former co-worker.

I mean, that's 19 things right there, with almost no thought involved (something else I love! Not THINKING so much!),so, oh, man, there could be way more. The things that have been so difficult lately seem further away when I think instead about cool stuff.
Remember, I'm not saying you should try it.
I just liked the hell out of remembering how many things make me smile until my face hurts. But I'm weird that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment