Wednesday, March 18, 2015

FREE AT LAST!

Although I have alluded to my most current obsession in the most casual of ways, I feel like enough time has passed that I can come clean with everyone about what my life has been like for the past two point five months.

I was ate up with the Fitbit fever.

I got it for Christmas from my dad and stepmom, and I was instantly intrigued. I'm obsessive about my weight, and I love exercise, so this was a great idea to my way of thinking. Much like giving paraphernalia to an addict might be, but I digress.

I linked it up to the corresponding app/site on my phone and computer, respectively, and was super excited to watch the steps rack up on the device since I was up and down and around a lot in general in my jobs.

You can only imagine the disappointment when I realized that my average day only had around 5000 steps.

Clearly, I needed to STEP IT UP!!! GET IT? FITBIT HUMOR, AMIRITE? come on now.

Anyway, it started with walking around a little more.

Then a little more.

And then there was a Movin' and Losin' corporate challenge that started February 2. Suddenly, my obsession had wings. Winged shoes. And I was wearing them.

I started by going up and down the three-four giant flights of stairs up to the top of the building. First two times, then three, then seven, then my entire lunch break.

Then I started

No comments:

Post a Comment